The oratory of San Giuseppe dates back to 1600 and was commissioned by Carlo Brentano Mezzegra, a merchant in Augusta.
Preceded by a portico, the church structure has a single central nave and an altarpiece portraying the Madonna with Child, St Joseph and St Carl, probably painted by Giulio Quaglio’s school. The church also contains a family grave.
This small church is usually opened by the priest on the 19th of March, St Joseph’s day and father’s day, and the Holy Mass is traditionally celebrated, followed by the “incanto dei canestri” (an auction of baskets full of food products). At the end of the celebration, volunteers always serve the well-known tortelli di San Giuseppe.