The usual end of summer appointment with the Band of Loveno in an afternoon performance in Piazza Garibaldi is back.
The Band of Loveno, founded in 1843, is among the oldest ones in Lombardy. Since the day of its first concert, the band has never stopped existing, with only two interruptions due to the two world wars. It always takes part to all the religiuos services in Loveno and in its surroundings, it is invited to give concerts in the nearby villages and it has also been awarded with many recognitions and prizes in bands contests. In 2011, on occasion of the 150th Anniversary of the Unity of Italy, the Band of Loveno was recognized Group of Town Interest at National Level, and therefore integral part of the Italian cultural heritage. With its about 50 musicians, it is a proper woodwind and brass orchestra: with the supervision of music director Bruno Selva it performs a repertoire that goes from classical music, to opera, to modern music.
Music director: Bruno Selva