The Day of the Reuse is scheduled Sunday, 6th November, from 10:00 until 18:00, in Como: four barter stands, a lot of workshops and a shared picnic.
The Day of the Reuse is an event by The isola che c’è that was born in 2014 with the aim of giving new life to objects that are no longer in use. It is a day to swap clothes, accessories, books, comics, dvds, cds, household objects, seeds, toys and other small objects still in good state and to allow goods that are probably destined to be thrown out to be transformed into something useful for somebody else.
The event is open and free for everybody and it offers a lot of activities (here is the board)
Programme of the day
– for the whole day: EXCHANGE of used objects (only if in good state and clean, maximum 5 per person)
– from 11:00: ENTERTAINMENT AND WORKSHOPS for adults and children
– at 13:00: shared PICNIC with food and washable dishes brought from home
Entertainment and workshops programme
– at 11:00: THE AROMATIC SALT – workshop to realize aromatic salt for cooking (for adults) – by Marina Zenzero (Cooperativa Sociale Corto Circuito)
– at 14:00: RECYCLED TOYS – to create original toys with reused/recycled material – by Battito d’Ali Association
– at 16:30: ECOTOURISM – meeting with nature, people’s walks of knowledge and places to discover with new eyes (for adults) – by Iubilantes and Battito d’Ali Association
For the whole day: games by Scout GNCEI Como 2 and creation of a work from the collection “The answer is everywhere” by Leila Mariani